Product Manager 3
Top 3 Skills
1. Deep knowledge of gaming space and how to optimize to drive performance across various gaming content-types
2. Fluency in English and Korean (speak/read/write)
3. Advance Excel and PowerPoint skills required
The main function of a product manager is to maximize sales, revenue, market share and profit margins by leading a team to deliver an end product. The typical product manager guides the delivery of a product through its life cycle.
Gaming Content Curation and Operations Manager, Samsung Gaming
The Samsung global services team is responsible for driving gaming on Samsung devices, including Smart TVs.
The team is looking for a Gaming Content Curation and Operations Manager to help take gaming and consumer insights from the gaming world and apply them to creating world-class gaming offering on Samsung Smart TVs.
The Gaming Content Curation and Operations Manager role is newly created. You will work closely with the product and cross-functional teams to build out the gaming content portfolio strategy and to help launch, sustain, and grow the game services on Smart TVs. The role demands a mix of game industry knowledge and product growth marketing experience. Samsung Gaming is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and development, and seeks an experienced gaming leader who will drive sustained growth of the product on Smart TVs.
• Drive and iterate strategic gaming content strategy based on consumer demand and market/industry trends
• Content manager leading day & date editorial curation across designated services
• Position requires functional knowledge of upstream content management systems and equal knowledge of content trends within the gaming ecosystem
• Produce weekly, monthly and potentially daily programming schedules that drive fresh / innovative curation and support broader strategic service goals (engagement/monetization)
• Provide promotional support to marketing when/where applicable
• Partner with Dev-Ops / Engineering / Product teams regarding product/CMS features that could improve viewer experience and curational workflows (operational excellence)
• Utilize broad data sets to inform and iterate on content performance
• Requires strong attention to detail in terms of programming calendars and timetables, as well as the ability to pivot to handle changing priorities.
• Collaborate closely with internal teams including Product, Engineering, and Design
• Handle multiple programming schedules and tracking tools, meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proactively identify issues, potential points of failure and make quick decision on ways to improve the product
• Analyze content performance with an attention to improving content sales and features.
• Manage service monitoring operations to ensure curated content is properly displayed across supported regions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Education
• 5+ years previous experience in digital distribution role within a gaming or game-content-related company
• A demonstrated understanding of gaming ecosystem (game publishers, game distributors, gaming ecosystem)
• Understanding and Experience with CMS operations, understanding of content supply chain, and content publishing processes
• Strong digital asset management background and attention to detail
• Strong organization skills, effective communicator
• Strong, pro-active work ethic with ability to function independently and collaboratively to drive resolution
• Ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to function well under pressure, has a creative spirit and is adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask is a necessity. Above all the ideal candidate will have an innate understanding of the games industry, industry trends and what motivates gamers.
• Good technical knowledge, presentation skills, content knowledge, product knowledge, project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar field.
• 5+ years working experience in gaming industry
• Deep knowledge of gaming space and how to optimize to drive performance across various gaming content-types.
• Solid knowledge of best practices and trends among gaming industry
• Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• A team player attitude.
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude with an insatiable will to get stuff done
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage workload.
• Attention to detail.
• A demonstrated passion for premium gaming.
• Must be able to think both strategically and tactically.